Sunday, May 18, 2014

Welcome!

This blog has been a long time coming.  I started one similar a few years ago, when after seeing Dry Ice Dumped into Lloyd Lake the day after the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Event ended.  I was first concerned for the Waterfowl that live at the Lake, and outraged at the complete disrespect of the Event Vendors.  I did some investigating and confirmed that it was indeed Vendors.  I will right here in the first paragraph note that I am no Humanitarian.  My exclusive concern is for the Wildlife who make the Park their home.  That is the main purpose of this blog.  That said, there will be instances that I note other issues.

The second second post I wrote was in regard to one of the Bison (at the time a Calf) being killed as the result of an off leash Dog.  I was outraged by this.  The lack of Sense shown by all parties involved.  The Dog Owner/Walker, the San Francisco Rec and Park, and the San Francisco Zoo Animal Care Staff, mainly the Vet.  I will post about this in the following post as even though its in the past, it is relevant to today's current issues, primarily Dogs Off Leash.

I promote Act With Empathy.  What does that mean?  It means your Actions/should reflect how you would Feel.  

As a Native and Resident of the Richmond District, having Golden Gate Park as my "backyard" has been a privilege.   Unfortunately that does not hold the same for many others.  I am in the Park almost daily and all I witness is Misbehavior by those who think they are Entitled to do whatever the hell they want.  Its a Disgusting Abuse in many ways.  Those ways will be highlighted in coming posts.

As I noted, my concern is for the Wildlife.  Posts will be about offenses towards them.  My goal is to not only expose these offenders, but to educate those who don't have natural Empathy.  My hope is for this forum to be a catalyst for change in our Park, especially at the Lake areas, where the Waterfowl are being Terrorized constantly.

Please Subcribe or follow @ggparkproblems on Twitter for updates.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment