Sunday, May 18, 2014

Act With Empathy - Animals Feel Too!

If you read my Welcome post you saw my tagline Act With Empathy.  This means, let your Actions and Behavior towards Animals reflect how you would feel in the same circumstance.  

It is written in the Park Code, that it is unlawful to (among other things) Terrorize or Harass, the Animals/Wildlife that live in Golden Gate Park.  It should also be noted that these offenses are against the Law outside the Park as well.

Under the umbrella of Terrorizing/Harassing, is Chasing, Touching, Kicking, and any other Motion towards the Animals that cause them to be Startled or flee in Fear.

The Waterfowl/Ducks who live at the Lakes in Golden Gate Park are continually Terrorized by Humans and the bigger problem, Dogs Off Leash.  While it would be ideal for Adults to teach their Children not to Chase the Ducks, it seems to fall into the category of, you can't teach stupid.  Sorry for those who will be offended by my bluntness, but I don't mince words, I'm not PC about about things when it regards an Animals Safety.  If you are offended then this blog will not be the place for you.  If you care about Animals and want to be Aware of these problems and try to make change to help them, then you're in the right place.  That said, most of the time its the Adults who are the problem and the perpetrator of Misbehavior.

I have had Humans say things like, "They don't care" , "Its not harming them", "They need the excercise", ...  These are unfeeling and unacceptable.  They deserve to be treated with respect and compassion in the same way you would want to be.  Please spread the word by being the Voice for these Animals.  They just want some Peace like everyone else.  If you see them being chased or harassed in anyway, say something or call the Park Patrol, Ranger, or SFPD non-ER dispatch.  I will provide all these numbers tomorrow. (5/19/14).  

I have witnessed Humans, do some Evil things to the Animals, that I'm not going to list right now, because I'm not sure whether that will make them even more vulnerable to these actions.

What I will do right now, is start to document the Actions I see in regard to Dogs off Leash and start a Petition to get some changes made at the Two Lakes which are hardest hit by these Offenders, Stow Lake and Lloyd Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment